Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Found Kitten...I'm foster mommy!

With everything going on in our lives I have 1 more event to add :)

On June 4th, my mother-in-law found this tiny kitten in the middle of the road. She weighed less than a pound, had worms and her left eye looked yucky (respiratory infection) :(. She would not eat and had an upset tummy. (4 weeks old)


Here she is a week later...
For some weird reason she REALLY enjoyed sleeping in the groove/track of the glass door. She was eating more and becoming more active....then all of a sudden blood appeared in her stool. (ouch/yuck). (5 weeks old)

Here she is 2 weeks later...doing much better - antibiotics seem to be working! No more blood in her stool and as you can see she's rather brave :). Here she is with our cats (L: Roxy, R: Jackson). (6 weeks old)

In 2 more weeks she will be going to her "fur-ever" home (hopefully). I am VERY sad about giving her away. I know the people will take good care of her, but this is my 1st foster kitten and I don't know if I can do this again. It's hard not to grow attached to her...she has been through a lot in her short life. I know giving her away opens the opportunity for us to help another one, but man oh man....it's VERY tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment